Thursday, January 26, 2012

Power on the Go

Keeping Charged in College

By Nathan Kaufman

As a college student, I am always on the go and always within arm’s reach of some piece of technology.  Whether I am checking emails on my smartphone or taking notes on my new tablet, the batteries in them are constantly running and draining.  I needed a way to keep them running without bringing cords to class and having to find a seat where I could plug in when needed.

I came across a functional set of bags called Powerbags that can help me with my problem while wandering campus.  Powerbags may look like your average backpack, messenger bags, or briefcases, but these appropriately named totes have a powerful rechargeable battery inside that allows me to charge my electronics while I walk from class to class and even in while listening to lectures in class.  It gives me the flexibility to sit anywhere and not potentially trip classmates when my cord runs across the aisle.

Now, Powerbag has a variety of bags to choose from, so the hardest work was finding the one that fits me.  With my long class days, I needed one of the more powerful bags, which rock a 6000 mAh rechargeable battery that can charge my Blackberry four times over (not that I’ve killed my Blackberry that much in a day).  I needed something large enough to carry all my class materials (3 classes per day) including binders, books, and other essentials.  It needs to be light enough to spend a day with and not cause any back pain.  I limited my choice to Powerbag backpacks.  I was never a messenger bag kind of guy, and briefcases and wheeled bags don’t suit college campuses well.  I also have a laptop (which unfortunately can’t be charged in a Powerbag) so I needed something that would fit that as well.  I went with the Deluxe Backpack because it was comparable to the only other large bag in size (the Business Class Pack) but was a little bit cheaper.  My laptop is also kind of big, so the extra-large laptop compartment was a definite plus.

The Powerbag has definitely served its purpose, keeping my phone and tablet alive while saving me from having to bring a bunch of cords.  When its battery is running low, I just plug it into the wall to recharge overnight.  The Powerbags are also pretty stylish for those that are concerned about their image, and are exclusively designed by fūl.

One Stop Green is looking towards a Greener Future, sharing the latest and greatest ideas in green living and Green Technology with you through our staff written blogs. Going Green is no longer a choice, it's our responsibility, that's why it's so important to try and do the small things that can help change the outlook of the planet - and this is essentially the purpose of One Stop Green. We believe even the little things like recycling or using less water helps the environment out in a big way, and that's why our various solutions seek to nurture and edify your home or business in an eco-friendly manner.

Visit our website at www.onestopgreen.com or download the mobile app at http://fwd4.me/01gP

No comments:

Post a Comment